It is situated on the banks of river Krishna at Sangli known as 'Bagetil Ganapati'. Thorle (elder) Chintamanrao Patwardhan consecrated the idol in 1843.
The temple has been artistically built with black stone brought from Jyotibha hills. There is a platform, a hall and a 'Nagarkhana' inside the vast two acres complex of the temple. It looks so beautiful when the silvery rays of evening sun brighten the face of the Ganapati idol.